Petroleum Geology of the North Sea: Basic Concepts and Recent Advances, 4th Edition
Historical review of North Sea exploration.
Outline of North Sea history and structural framework.
Source rocks and the hydrocarbons of the North Sea.
North Sea hydrocarbon plays.
- a new edition of the definitive work
- 30% increase in length
- fully revised and updated, with a number of new authors
- recognises the recent advances in basin modelling and the impact of the new techniques of sequence stratigraphy
- published under the auspices of the Joint Association for Petroleum Exploration Courses
- geographical coverage extended to include the oil fields recently discovered in the Irish Sea and West of Shetland