DescriptionSince the 3rd edition of this publication, emphasis within the petroleum industry has shifted from exploration to appraisal and development of existing hydrocarbon resources. This change is reflected in this new 4th edition, which has been significantly expanded to accomodate additional material. The centrepiece of the book, however, remains a series of descriptions, in stratigraphic order, of the depositional history and hydrocarbon related rock units of the North Sea.
Historical review of North Sea exploration.
Outline of North Sea history and structural framework.
Source rocks and the hydrocarbons of the North Sea.
North Sea hydrocarbon plays.
- a new edition of the definitive work
- 30% increase in length
- fully revised and updated, with a number of new authors
- recognises the recent advances in basin modelling and the impact of the new techniques of sequence stratigraphy
- published under the auspices of the Joint Association for Petroleum Exploration Courses
- geographical coverage extended to include the oil fields recently discovered in the Irish Sea and West of Shetland