DescriptionProviding a broad introduction to the growing field, this book explores the way in which peptides, proteins, nucleic acids and carbohydrates used therapeutically. With help of numerous illustrations, it covers both the compounds and how therapeutics exert their influence throuhg an understanding of biological processes.
* Includes the latest developments in the field
* Covers the various strategies behind the development and production of a range of key clinically useful compounds
* Focuses on the concepts and ideas of why compounds are developed as pharmaceuticals
* Provides many examples and problems
Invaluable to all students of chemistry, medicinal and pharmaceutical chemistry, pharmacy and pharmacology. Will also be of interest to researchers and professionals needing a concise, up-to-date account of this subject.
Endogenous Peptides and Proteins.
Modification of Endogenous Peptides and Proteins.
The Immune System.
"...a welcome addition to the library of any pharmacy student, chemistry instructor, or laboratory researcher." (The Annals of Pharmacotherapy, Vol. 36, October 2002
"...this is an excellent book..." (Organic Process Research and Development)
"...many interesting snippets..." (Chemistry & Industry, 2 December 2002)
- Provides a broad introduction to the evolving field
- Introduces the latest developments
- Covers the various strategies behind the development and production of a range of key clinically useful compounds
- Focuses on the concepts and ideas, rather than just individual drugs
- Includes many examples and problems