1. The Basis of Ethics (Jon Merrills).
2. Principles of Ethics Focusing on the Patient (Andrew Edgar).
3. Ethical Rationalism Applied to Pharmaceuticals (R.P. Dessing).
4. The Etihcs of the Drug Discovery and Development Process (Roger G. Bolton).
5. Informed Conset: Reconsideration of its Structure and Role in Medicine (Jan Payne).
6. Clinical Trials of Pharmaceuticals: Ethical Aspects (Olivier Chassany, Martin Duracinsky and Isabelle Mahé).
7. Can We Afford the Medicines We Need: An Ethical Dilemma? (Roger Walker).
8. Physician Choice or Patient Choice: Ethical Dilemmas in Science and Politics (Andrew Edgar).
9. The Economics of Drug-Related Morbidity and Mortality: Ethical Considerations (J. Lyle Bootman and Amy J. Grizzle).
10. Holistic Approach in Choice of Pharmaceutical Agents: Ethical Responsibilities (Sam Salek).
11. Ethical Values in the Treatment of Depression and Anxiety (John Lilja, Sam Larsson, David Hamilton and Mia Bauer).
12. Ethical Promotion and Advertising of Medicines: Where Do We Draw the Line? (Ivor Harrison).
13. Ethical Problems of Drug Categorization for Reimbursement (Chris Good).
"...a good introduction to the ethics surrounding pharmaceuticals..." (Pharmaceutical Physician, March 2003)
"...the core question: should you read this book...definitely yes...the book stimulates our thinking and helps the reader to define and outline the many dilemmas in health care..." (Pharm World Sci, Vol. 25, No. 2, 2003)