Introduction: The First Approach.
1 History Taking.
2 General Examination.
3 Examination of the Cardiovascular System.
4 Examination of the Respiratory System.
5 Examination of the Abdomen.
6 Examination of the Male Genitalia.
7 Examination of the Female Reproductive System.
8 Mental Health Assessment.
9 Examination of the Nervous System.
10 Ophthalmic Examination.
11 Examination of the Musculoskeletal System.
12 Assessment of the Child.
13 Assessment of Disability Including Care of the Older Adult.
14 Basic Examination, Notes and Diagnostic Principles.
15 Presenting Cases and Communication.
16 Imaging Techniques and Clinical Investigations.
17 The 12-Lead Electrocardiogram.
18 Interpretation of Investigations.
19 Laboratory Results – Reference Values.
20 Common Emergency Treatments.
1 Jaeger Reading Chart.
2 Visual Acuity 3 m Chart.
3 Hodkinson Ten Point Mental Test Score.
4 Barthel Index of Activities of Daily Living.
- Pocket book style for use during your course and for easy reference in a clinical setting
- Easy to follow page layout with key points marked with bullet points and additional information on the right of the page
- Based on Turner and Blackwood’s well-established Lecture Notes on Clinical Skills
- Fully updated throughout and includes three new chapters on examination of the male genitalia, examination of the female reproductive system and ophthalmic examination
- Now in full colour throughout