How to effectively use Pinterest to market your business, product, or service
Pinterest, the rapidly growing social networking site that allows users to post and share images and videos on "pinboards" (a collection of “pins,” usually with a common theme), is providing businesses and savvy entrepreneurs with a new platform to market their products and services. And, as with any new platform, learning what works best and what doesn’t when it comes to marketing can be a challenge. Pinfluence is a complete guide to Pinterest marketing that will teach you how to effectively raise awareness for your brand, product, or service, drive traffic from Pinterest to your website, and connect with current and potential customers.
You will learn:
- How to create a powerful Pinterest profile, your Pinterest brand strategy, set up boards, pin and repin images, and get into conversations in the Pinterest user interface.
- Pinterest marketing techniques, including great content creation, how to optimize websites and blogs for pinning, and how to start growing your followers.
- How to integrate Pinterest with other social media tools (including Facebook, Twitter, and blogs) and how to track trends and monitor conversation on Pinterest.
- Advanced Pinterest marketing techniques, including how to grow your audience, how to use the Pinterest iPhone app, advice for special types of businesses (B2B companies and nonprofits), and how to make your pins and boards “sticky” so they capture public attention and influence people to change their behavior.
- Pinterest copyright issues
Pinfluence is for anyone who wants to join the likes of companies like Whole Foods, Gilt, West Elm and others, and harness the marketing power of Pinterest to grow their business.
Part One Getting Started
Chapter 1: Why Pinterest? 3
Chapter 2: Where Do You Start? Creating a Powerful Profile 11
Chapter 3: Before You Pin: Who Do You Want to Attract? 23
Chapter 4: The Basics of Pinning: Beautiful Boards and Compelling Pins 35
Chapter 5: Connecting with Pinterest Users: Commenting, Tagging, Liking, and Hashtags 47
Part Two Pinning for Profits
Chapter 6: The Power of Pictures: How to Create Compelling Visual Business Content 57
Chapter 7: Getting Shared: How to Optimize Your Website for Pinners 71
Chapter 8: The Care and Feeding of Pinterest Followers 81
Chapter 9: Twitter, Facebook, and Your Blog: How Pinterest Plays Well with Others 93
Chapter 10: Learning by Watching: Tracking Trends and Monitoring Conversations 105
Part Three Developing Pinfluence
Chapter 11: Expanding Your Reach: How to Use Contests, Discussion Boards, Customer Testimonials, User-Generated Content, and Video Galleries to Get More Followers 119
Chapter 12: Mobile Pinning 135
Chapter 13: Pinterest for Nonprofits, Business-to-Business Companies, and Blog-Based Businesses 147
Chapter 14: The Ethics of Pinterest 161
About the Author 177