1. Our Planetary System.
2. Other Planetary Systems.
3. The Surfaces of the Planets.
4. The Interiors of the Planets.
5. The Atmospheres of the Planets.
6. The Dynamics of Planetary Systems.
7. The Small Objects in Planetary Systems.
8. The Origin of Planetary Systems.
9. Life in Planetary Systems.
A.1 The epoch of planetary exploration.
B.1 Derivation of Kepler's first and second laws.
“Planets and Planetary Systems is invaluable to students taking courses in planetary science across a wide range of disciplines and of interest to researchers and many keen amateur astronomers, needing an up-to-date introduction to this exciting subject.” (Today Books, 20 September 2012)
· Unifying perspective bringing together physics, chemistry, geology and biology.
· Assumes no prior knowledge of planets
· Supplementary web site to keep the book updated
· Colour plate section.