Preface: Why a Book About Nonprofit Competition?
PART ONE: UNDERSTANDING COMPETITION IN THE NONPROFIT SECTOR.
1. The Limits of Collaboration.
2. Competition Out of the Closet.
3. The Competitive Continuum.
PART TWO: ASSESSING YOUR COMPETITIVE POSITION.
4. Your Organization’s Competitive Position.
5. Competing with Individual Organizations.
6. Benchmarking Against the Field.
PART THREE: DEVELOPING COMPETITIVE STRATEGIES.
8. Third-Party Payers.
9. Human Resources.
10. The Media and the Public at Large.
Conclusion: Awakening to Competitive Strategy.
|Download the Worksheets|
To use this file, download it to your local machine and unzip it. Windows users can use the Windows built-in ZIP utilities or a 3rd party utility like WinZip. Be sure to use the correct option in your ZIP utility to preserve the directory structure when decompressing the archive.
- Explains the relative merits of collaboration or competition.
- Includes information on funding and both personnel recruitment and retention.
- Offers a guide for organizations on achieving the optimal balance of collaboration and competition.