Political Keywords A–Z.
Edward S. Herman, co-author (with Noam Chomsky) of Manufacturing Consent, and author of Beyond Hypocrisy: Decoding the News in an Age of Propaganda
“Learned and lucid, impiously defiant of the academic church, this syllabus of heresies is a liberal education by and for itself.”
Norman Birnbaum, author of After Progress: American Social Thought and European Socialism in the Twentieth Century
“Andrew Levine has performed a monumental feat. He clarifies meanings of words and concepts which have been drained of value, but which people use as ear plugs to increase the deafness of thought and practice in our befuddled period. This book is an amazing accomplishment.”
Marcus Raskin, co-founder of the Institute for Policy Studies and Professor, School of Public Policy George Washington University
- A much-needed dictionary of contemporary political vernacular from 'alienation' to 'Zionism'
- Written by renowned political philosopher, Andrew Levine
- Defines the most important political keywords, i.e. the often-confusing (and sometimes intentionally misleading) terms that are used to describe our politics
- Refamiliarizes the reader with today’s most commonly used and misused terms, thus clarifying the current political landscape
- Assumes no prior academic background in politics
- Includes extensive cross-referencing, suggested further readings, and a
- Provides the ideal guide to navigating a landscape of dangerously vague terms