1. Ecological Values and Human Interests.
Part I: Critique: Two Dogmas of Ecologism:.
2. Intrinsic Value in Nature: Analysis and Critique of a Misleading Idea.
3. Anthropocentrism: A Misunderstood Problem.
Part II: Reconstruction: Human Interests and Ecological Values:.
4. The Enlightenment of Self-Interest.
5. Human Interests and Environmental Values.
6. Human Self-respect and Respect for Nonhumans.
Part III: Conclusion:.
7. Political Theory for a Sustainable Polity.
* Critically evaluates existing ecological and political theories and offers a new approach for how political theory can take account of environmental issues.
* Demonstrates why and how political theorists should take account of ecological concerns.