Whether you’re just starting out and want to test the viability of your business, or you’re an established business looking to expand your reach, pop-ups offer an exciting and flexible opportunity. They’re a great way to try new business ideas, experiment with a new product, location or market, gain exposure, and learn about your customers - all with limited risk and financial outlay.
Inside Pop-Up Business For Dummies, you’ll find:
- Planning your pop-up venture - whether it’s a shop, studio, gallery, or community hub.
- Finding the right space for you.
- Negotiating with the landlord and sorting out the legalities.
- Fixing up and fitting out your space on a budget.
- Pulling in the punters - advertising and marketing your pop-up.
- Managing a successful pop-up business day-to-day.
- Closing up shop efficiently.
- Lots of case studies, checklists, tips and hints from experienced pop-up people!
Part I: Planning to Pop Up 7
Chapter 1: Welcome to the World of Pop Ups 9
Chapter 2: Developing Your Pop Up Plan 19
Part II: Building on Your Pop Up Foundations 35
Chapter 3: Building Your Team 37
Chapter 4: Funding Your Project 57
Chapter 5: Finding Your Space and Your Landlord 73
Part III: Filling Your Pop Up with People 89
Chapter 6: Making an Impression: Branding and Marketing 91
Chapter 7: Producing and Distributing Leaflets and Posters 107
Chapter 8: Making the Most of Social Media 121
Chapter 9: Cooking Up a Media Storm for Your Pop Up 139
Part IV: Running Your Pop Up 153
Chapter 10: Designing and Kitting Out Your Space 155
Chapter 11: Managing Your Shop and Staff 173
Chapter 12: Meeting Your Customers 185
Part V: Looking to the Future 197
Chapter 13: Measuring the Success of Your Pop Up 199
Chapter 14: Packing Up and Moving On 213
Part VI: The Part of Tens 223
Chapter 15: Ten Useful Items to Have in Your Pop Up 225
Chapter 16: Ten Reasons Why Your Pop Up is Good for Business 231