2. Legislation, codes of practice and microbiological criteria.
3. Schedules for examination of food.
4. Preperation of samples.
5. Enumeration of micro-organisms.
6. Isolation and enrichment of micro-organisms.
7. Milk and dairy products.
8. Egg and egg products.
10. Confirmatory biochemical tests.
Appendix A Microbiological tests table.
Appendix B Examination of food from suspected food poisoning incidents.
Appendix C PHLS ref facilities and EQA schemes.
Appendix D Bibliography
"much information from diverse sources concentrated in a user-friendly way. A worthwhile, well-priced book which should find its way into frequent use in many laboratories." Society for General Microbiology Quarterly
"This book is a rare creature - a text of delightful clarity, matched by layout and typography of equally pleasing simplicity." Biologist
* Relates microbiological assessment to current "legislation" and sampling plans
* Includes role of new approaches, such as rapid ELISA tests and DNA technologies
* Discusses both the theory and methodology of food microbiology
* Covers new ISO, CEN and BSI standards for food examination