Chapter 1: Resuscitation Policy and Educational Developments.
Chapter 2: Professional, Ethical and Legal Issues.
Section 2 Prevention and Preparation.
Chapter 3: Recognizing the Critically Ill Patient and Preventing Cardiorespiratory Arrest.
Chapter 4: Resuscitation Equipment.
Chapter 5: Chain of Survival.
Section 3 Adult Basic Life Support.
Chapter 6: Adult Basic Life Support.
Section 4 Advanced Life Support.
Chapter 7: The Advanced Life Support Algorithm.
Section 5 Paediatric Life support.
Chapter 8: Paediatric life support.
Section 6 Further Considerations of Resuscitation.
Chapter 9: Management of the Airway and Breathing.
Chapter 10: Monitoring and Assessing Cardiac Rhythms.
Chapter 11: Defibrillation Theory and Practice.
Chapter 12: Drugs and Delivery.
Chapter 13: Management of Potentially Reversible Causes of Cardiac Arrest.
Chapter 14: Post-Resuscitation Care.
Chapter 15: Special Circumstances.
Chapter 16: Resuscitation of the Seriously Injured Casualty.
Chapter 17: Out-of-Hospital Resuscitation.
British Journal of Resuscitation
- Revised in accordance with the ‘2005 European Resuscitation Council Guidelines for Resuscitation’
- Covers prevention and management of cardiac arrest and post-resuscitation care
- Includes evidence based guidelines for basic and advanced life support
- Addresses family witnessed resuscitation
- Examines early warning scores
- Enables staff to develop key clinical competences in resuscitation
- Explores legal and ethical issues
- Examines adult, paediatric and trauma resuscitation
- Includes case studies