1. Human Colonic Microbiology and the Role of Dietary Intervention: Introduction to Prebiotics (C.L. Vernazza, B.A. Rabiu and G.R. Gibson).
2. Manufacture of Prebiotic Oligosaccharides (T. Casci and R.A. Rastall).
3. Inulin-type Fructans as Prebiotics (J. Van Loo).
4. Galacto-oligosaccharides as Prebiotics (R.A. Rastall).
5. Emerging Prebiotic Carbohydrates (R. Crittenden).
6. Molecular Microbial Ecology of the Human Gut (K.M. Tuohy and A.L. McCartney).
7. Dietary Intervention for Improving Human Health: Acute Disorders (W. Brück).
8. Dietary Intervention for Improving Human Health: Chronic Disorders (N.R. Bullock and M.R. Jones).
9. Extra Intestinal Effects of Prebiotics and Probiotics (G. Reid).
10. Prebiotic Impacts on Companion Animals (K.S. Swanson and G.C. Fahey Jr.).
11. Prebiotics: Past, Present and Future (J. Leach, R.A. Rastall and G.R. Gibson).
""…they have assembled a surprisingly uniform book that progresses through the topic of prebiotics in an orderly and organized fashion."" (Doody's Health Services)