2. Anatomy and Physiology of the Skin and the Wound Healing Process.
3. Aetiology of Pressure Ulcers and Principles of Pressure Ulcer Prevention.
4. Risk Assessment.
5. Grading Systems.
6. Pressure Re-Distributing Devices and Equipment.
7. Management of the Established Pressure Ulcer.
8. The Importance of Accurate Documentation, Legal, Ethical and Policy Issues.
9. The Role of the Inter-Disciplinary Team in Pressure Area Care.
10. Continuing Professional Development
* Bases care on the best available evidence including NICE and RCN clinical practice guidelines
* Examines the optimal choice of pressure relieving devices and dressings
* Includes scenarios for reflection on practice