2. Proactive Management Strategies for Dealing with Foreign Materials.
3. Physical Separation Techniques for Controlling FM Contaminants.
4. Applications of Magnetic Separation to Prevent Foreign Material Contamination of Finished Food Products.
5. Principles and Strategies for Using Metal Detectors to Isolate Metallic Foreign Materials from Food Products.
6. Machine Vision and Its Application to Prevent FM Contamination of Foods.
7. X-ray Examination of Foods for Foreign Materials.
8. Proper Initial Validation, Ongoing Verification, and Change Control for Separation and Detection Equipment.
9. Proper Use of Acceptance Sampling and Statistical Process Control to Augment FM Control Programs.
10. Management and Communication of Risk in Situations of Crisis.
Beverage & Food World, July 2007
* Includes information on regulatory enforcement actions and case studies, HACCP plans, statistical sampling concepts, and the latest information on technology/strategies utilized for the detection and culling of foreign material in food products* Enables the reader to identify, quantitatively evaluate, and set management policy on “situations of risk” encountered in the company’s day-to-day environment.