About the Author.
1. Why Is Movie Theater Popcorn So Expensive?
2. Why Are We in Business?
3. Mind Over Matter.
4. The Old Business Equation.
5. The New Business Equation.
6. Ninety-Nine-Cent Pricing, Engagement Rings, and the Assumption of Rationality.
7. The Invisible Hand: No One Person Knows How to Make a Pencil.
8. ATale of Two Theories.
9. Cost-Plus Pricing’s Epitaph.
10. The Wrong Mistakes.
11. Price-Led Costing Replaces Cost Accounting.
12. What and How People Buy.
13. The Value Proposition.
14. The Consumer Surplus and Price Discrimination.
15. Customer Segmentation Strategies.
16. Price Discrimination in Practice.
17. There Is No Such Thing as a Commodity.
18. Baker’s Law: Bad Customers Drive Out Good Customers.
19. Ethics, Fairness, and Pricing.
20. Antitrust Law.
21. Who Is in Charge of Value?
22. Pricing on Purpose: Getting Paid for the Value Your Company Creates.
- Focuses exclusively on the art of pricing, and emphasizes the value to the customer.
- Discusses topics such as what and how people buy, the value proposition, the fallacy of commodity thinking, and the labor versus the subjective theories of value
- Includes examples of the 5 Cs of value (comprehend, create, communicate, convince, and capture),
- Includes real-life examples from a multitude of industries and well-known entrepreneurs.