1. Gene Manipulation in the Post-Genomics Era.
Part I: Fundamental Techniques of Gene Manipulation:.
2. Basic Techniques.
3. Cutting and Joining DNA Molecules.
4. Basic Biology of Plasmid and Phage Vectors.
5. Cosmids, Phasmids and Other Advanced Vectors.
6. Gene Cloning Strategies.
7. Sequencing Genes and Short Stretches of DNA.
8. Changing Genes: Site-directed Mutagenesis and Protein Engineering.
Part II: Manipulating DNA in Microbes, Plants and Animals:.
10. Cloning in Bacteria Other Than Escherichia coli.
11. Cloning in Saccharomyces cerevisiaea and Other Fungi.
12. Gene Transfer to Animal Cells.
13. Genetic Manipulation of Animals.
14. Gene Transfer to Plants.
15. Advanced Transgenic Technology.
Part III: Genome Analysis, Genomics and Beyond:.
16. The Organization and Structure of Genomes.
17. Mapping and Sequencing Genomes.
18. Comparative Genomics.
19. Large-Scale Mutagenesis and Interference.
20. Analysis of the Transcriptome.
21. Proteomics I – Expression Analysis and Characterization of Proteins.
22. Proteomics II – Analysis of Protein Structures.
23. Proteomics III – Protein Interactions.
24. Metabolomics and Global Biochemical Networks.
Part IV: Applications of Gene Manipulation and Genomics:.
25. Applications of Genomics: Understanding the Basis of Polygenic Disorders and Identifying Quantitative Trait Loci.
26. Applications of Recombinant DNA Technology.
- Brings together for the first time the subjects covered by the best-selling books Principles of Gene Manipulation and Principles of Genome Analysis & Genomics
- Comprehensively revised, updated and rewritten to encompass within one volume, basic and advanced gene manipulation techniques, genome analysis, genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics and metabolomics
- Includes two new chapters on the applications of genomics
- An essential reference for upper level undergraduate and graduate students of genetics, genomics, molecular biology and recombinant DNA technology.
- An accompanying website - www.blackwellpublishing.com/primrose - provides instructional materials for both student and lecturer use, including multiple choice questions, related websites, and all the artwork in a downloadable format.