Principles of Genetics, Binder Ready Version, 6th Edition
CHAPTER 2 Celluar Reproduction 18
CHAPTER 3 Mendelism: The Basic Principles of Inheritance 40
CHAPTER 4 Extentions of Mendelism 62
CHAPTER 5 The Chromosomal Basis of Mendelism 89
CHAPTER 6 Variation in Chromosome Number and Structure 110
CHAPTER 7 Linkage, Crossing Over, and Chromosome Mapping in Eukaryotes 135
CHAPTER 8 The Genetics of Bacteria and Their Viruses 163
CHAPTER 9 DNA and the Molecular S tructure of Chromosomes 192
CHAPTER 10 Replication of DNA and Chromosomes 220
CHAPTER 11 Transciption and RNA Processing 256
CHAPTER 12 Translation and Genetic Code 285
CHAPTER 13 Mutation, DNA Repair, and Recombination 320
CHAPTER 14 The Techniques of Molecular Genetics 366
CHAPTER 15 Genomics 397
CHAPTER 16 Applications of Molecular Genetics 439
CHAPTER 17 Transposable Genetic Elements 477
CHAPTER 18 Regulation of Gene Expression in Prokaryotes 504
CHAPTER 19 Regulation of Gene Expression in Eukaryotes 531
CHAPTER 20 The Genetic Control of Animal Development 558
CHAPTER 21 The Genetic Basis of Cancer 581
CHAPTER 22 Inheritance of Complex Traits 607
CHAPTER 23 Population Genetics 634
CHAPTER 24 Evolutionary Genetics 656
Appendix A: The Rules of Probability 685
Appendix B: Binomial Probabilities 687
Appendix C: In Situ Hybridization
Appendix D: Evidence for an Unstable Messenger RNA 691
Appendix E: Evolutionary Rates 693
Answers to Odd-Numbered Questions and Problems 697
Photo Credits 743
Illustration Credits 745
• The Focus On boxes (one per chapter) have been revised to include the most current developments in genetics as well as the most relevant topics to students.
• A streamlined topical coverage, vetted by a panel of Genetics instructors, makes for a text that is manageable in size. Snustad 6e will provide instructors and students with in-depth explanations of only those topics frequently covered in a one-semester course.
• Animated solutions to the solve it problems in the text, utilize Camtasia software. These tutorials provide step-by-step solutions that appear as if they are written-out by hand as an instructor voice-over explains each step.
• Supported by the Wiley Resource kit. The Wiley Resource Kit provides an easy way to provide you with media & assessment. The Resource Kit can be delivered through any Learning Management System (LMS). The offer is free to students, requires no cartridge or CTB license fees from Wiley.
• Offers the human perspective on genetics, through numerous examples and pedagogical elements found in the text.
• Features an excellent illustration program with many stepped-out figures. Also uses micrographs in conjunction with illustrations to show the “real” micrograph and “ideal” illustration together.
• Includes a comprehensive set of problems, online Camtasia tutorials, and problem solving aids with all the tools necessary for successful student understanding of Genetics.
• GO Problem tutorials help students build confidence as they observe a problem being worked out and then attempt to solve a similar problem on their own .