DescriptionCharles Bennett's new Optics text offers modern topic coverage, emphasis and pedagogy. Bennett's clear writing style and vast knowledge of the subject matter brings a fresh voice to Optics courses. This text will prove to be attractive to physics majors, and provide students with expertise valued in industry.
Professor Charles Bennett has been teaching undergraduate optics courses at the University of North Carolina at Asheville for over twenty years. He is also an Adjunct Research and Development Associate at Oak Ridge National Laboratory where he is a member of the Advanced Lasers, Optics, and Diagnostics Technology Group.
This title is available with WileyPLUS. To learn more, visit www.wileyplus.com
Buy Both and Save 25%!
This item: Principles of Physical Optics
Optics and Photonics: An Introduction, 2nd Edition (Paperback $86.00)
Cannot be combined with any other offers.
2. Electromagnetic Waves and Photons
3. Reflection And Refraction
4. Geometric Optics
5.Superposition and Interference
8. Optical Imaging
9. Polarization and Nonlinear Optics
- Provides a transition for those students in introductory physics learning basic calculus when entering more senior level classes.
- Early chapters provide adequate scaffolding to help students with weaker math backgrounds.
- Includes numerous example problems to illustrate both math and physics principles throughout the text.
- Both relevant and interesting to students with more advanced preparation.
- Houses non-essential topics in appendices or starred sections.