1. The Fictions of Autonomous Invention: Accumulation by Dispossession, Commodification and Life Patents in Canada (Scott Prudham).
2. The 'Commons' Versus the 'Commodity': Alter-globalization, Anti-privatization and the Human Right to Water in the Global South (Karen Bakker).
3. The Polanyian Way? Voluntary Food Labels as Neoliberal Governance (Julie Guthman).
4. Property, Markets, and Dispossession: The Western Alaska Community Development Quota as Neoliberalism, Social Justice, Both, and Neither (Becky Mansfield).
5. Discovering Price in All the Wrong Places: The Work of Commodity Definition and Price under Neoliberal Environmental Policy (Morgan Robertson).
6. The Difference that Class Makes: Neoliberalization and Non-Capitalism in the Fishing Industry of New England (Kevin St Martin).
7. Land Reform in the Time of Neoliberalism: A Many-Splendored Thing (Wendy Wolford).
- Rich case studies linked to broader questions on neoliberalism
- Illustrates the importance of property relation and the complexities existing in the meaning and practice of property
- Extends current geographical scholarship on neoliberalism –including neoliberalism and nature
- Each essay touches on the disciplinary, regulatory dimensions of privatization
- Highlights the importance of privatization, both broadly and specifically