- Tomcat is the official reference implementation of Sun's servlet and JSP specifications, and Java developers must test all Web applications on Tomcat to ensure they work as designed
- Boasting more than 40 percent new and updated material, this book covers all the major new features affecting server administration and management
- Explores the additional built-in tools of Tomcat, which help Java developers program more efficiently, and looks at how Apache's other open source servlet/JSP technologies are designed to work with Tomcat
- Features full coverage of Release 6, which supports the latest JSP and servlet specifications: JSP 2.1 and Servlets 2.5
- Addresses solving real-world problems encountered during all phases of server administration, including managing class loaders and connectors, security, shared hosting and clustering, and system testing
Chapter 1: Apache Tomcat.
Chapter 2: Web Applications: Servlets, JSPs, and More.
Chapter 3: Tomcat Installation.
Chapter 4: Tomcat Architecture.
Chapter 5: Basic Tomcat Configuration.
Chapter 6: Advanced Tomcat Features.
Chapter 7: Web Application Configuration.
Chapter 8: Web Application Administration.
Chapter 9: Class Loaders.
Chapter 10: HTTP Connectors.
Chapter 11: Tomcat and Apache HTTP Server.
Chapter 12: Tomcat and IIS.
Chapter 13: JDBC Connectivity.
Chapter 14: Tomcat Security.
Chapter 15: Shared Tomcat Hosting.
Chapter 16: Monitoring and Managing Tomcat with JMX.
Chapter 17: Clustering.
Chapter 18: Embedded Tomcat.
Chapter 19: Logging.
Chapter 20: Performance Testing.
Chapter 21: Performance Tuning.
Appendix A: Tomcat and IDEs.
Appendix B: Apache Ant.
|5||Typo in Text|
In this sentence:
The LGPL license is commonly referred to as the library GLP because it is intended primarily for software libraries.
GLP should be GPL
|42||error in path|
|42||error in variable|
|66, 67||Error in file name|
The entire section, Configuration by Architecture , lists the name of configuration file incorrectly as service.xml.
The correct name is indeed server.xml
|360||Error in Text|
Sentence reads: This clean separation of the authentication code from the actual method of authentication ...
Should read: This clean separation of the *application* code from the actual method of authentication ...