- Community Server is one of the hottest Web site packages available today and runs many popular sites, including Microsoft's Channel 9, Xbox.com, Xbox's Major Nelson, and The Hive
- This hands-on guide teaches readers how to extend their implementation with themes, modules and add-ons through the use of helpful examples
- Explains how to troubleshoot installation issues, understand Community Server ASP.NET config files, implement kinds, modify custom controls, and work with master pages
- Explores ways to manage the point system, extend the database, write custom modules, and modify Community Server code
- Foreword by Rob Howard, Microsoft ASP.NET MVP and CEO of Telligent Systems
Part I: Getting Started.
Chapter 1: What Is Community Server?
Chapter 2: Installation.
Chapter 3: Guided Tour.
Part II: Configuring Community Server.
Chapter 4: Configuring a Site to Meet Your Requirements.
Chapter 5: Changing the Look-and-Feel.
Part III: Administering Community Server.
Chapter 6: Control Panel.
Chapter 7: User Management.
Chapter 8: Managing Security.
Chapter 9: Reporting Capabilities.
Chapter 10: Core Configuration Options.
Part IV: Extending Community Server.
Chapter 11: Modules.
Chapter 12: Modifying Community Server Code.
Chapter 13: Writing Custom Modules.
Chapter 14: Extending the Database.
Chapter 15: Localizing Community Server.
Appendix A: Command Add-ons.
Appendix B: Resources.