- One of the only Oracle books to focus exclusively on database programming rather than administration
- Oracle owns sixty percent of the commercial database market
- Provides full coverage of the latest Oracle version, 10g-including new features such as regular expressions and the MODEL SQL clause-as well as versions 8, 8i, and 9i
- The authors are well-known as Oracle gurus-Greenwald is the author of Oracle in a Nutshell and the coauthor, with Stackowiak, of Oracle 9 Essentials
- Shows how to use Oracle data and data structures to build robust, scalable database applications using Java, SQL, and PL/SQL
What Does This Book Cover?
Who Is This Book For?
What You Need to Use This Book.
How Is This Book Structured?
Part I: Oracle Essentials.
Part II: Data Topics.
Part III: Database Programming Languages.
Part IV: Programming Techniques.
Part V: Business Intelligence Techniques.
Part VI: Optimization.
The Bigger Picture.
Chapter 1: Oracle Architecture and Storage.
Chapter 2: Using SQL.
Chapter 3: Handling Multiple Users.
Chapter 4: Database Design Basics.
Chapter 5: Oracle Security.
Chapter 6: The Oracle Data Dictionary.
Chapter 7: Installing Oracle.
Chapter 8: Introduction to SQL.
Chapter 9: Extended SQL.
Chapter 10: Indexes.
Chapter 11: Constraints.
Chapter 12: Other Database Structures.
Chapter 13: Functions.
Chapter 14: Distributed Queries, Transactions, and Databases.
Chapter 15: PL/SQL Basics.
Chapter 16: PL/SQL and SQL.
Chapter 17: PL/SQL Packages.
Chapter 18: Introduction to Java Database Programming.
Chapter 19: Triggers.
Chapter 20: Regular Expressions and Expression Filter.
Chapter 21: Object Relational Interactions with Oracle.
Chapter 22: Oracle XML DB.
Chapter 23: HTML-DB.
Chapter 24: High-Speed Data Movement.
Chapter 25: Data Loading and Management.
Chapter 26: Business Intelligence Query.
Chapter 27: Business Intelligence Analysis.
Chapter 28: Optimization.