DescriptionProfessional Palm OS Programming is everything programmers need to create applications for the world’s most popular operating system for handheld devices.
Veteran Palm developer Lonnon Foster, who has been developing commercial applications for the platform since its introduction nearly a decade ago, provides readers with hands-on instruction, lots of code, and advice that only comes from the trenches – giving readers everything they need to build cutting edge applications and take advantage of the features of both Garnet and Cobalt. Coverage includes:
- Building forms, menus and user interfaces
- Managing memory
- Tying into Palm’s standard applications such as the Calendar, Phonebook, or Tasks
- Storing program data on removable storage cards
- Building network enabled applications
- Creating web applications for Palm
- Working with Palm OS new support for Web Services
- Programm ing for new device features such as jog dials, rocker switches, 5-way navigators
- Working with sounds, graphics, multimedia, and new high-resolution color screens
- Encrypting and decrypting data
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and wireless networking
Chapter 1: The Palm OS Success Story.
Chapter 2: Understanding the Palm OS.
Chapter 3: Introducing the Development Tools.
Chapter 4: Writing Your First Palm OS Application.
Chapter 5: Debugging Your Program.
Chapter 6: Creating and Understanding Resources.
Chapter 7: Building Forms and Menus.
Chapter 8: Programming User Interface Elements.
Chapter 9: Managing Memory.
Chapter 10: Programming System Elements.
Chapter 11: Programming Graphics.
Chapter 12: Programming Multimedia.
Chapter 13: Programming Alarms and Time.
Chapter 14: Programming Tables.
Chapter 15: Storing and Retrieving Data.
Chapter 16: Manipulating Records.
Chapter 17: Using Secondary Storage.
Chapter 18: Sharing Data Through the Exchange Manager.
Chapter 19: Using the Serial Port.
Chapter 20: Communicating Over a Network.
Chapter 21: Learning Conduit Basics.
Chapter 22: Building Conduits.
Chapter 23: Programming Navigation Hardware.
Chapter 24: Odds and Ends.