ISBN: 978-0-470-54071-8 January 2010 480 Pages
Download Product Flyer
- Getting to Know XMPP
- Designing XMPP Applications
- Saying Hello: The First Application
- Exploring the XMPP Protocol: A Debugging Console
- Microblogging in Real Time: An Identica Client
- Talking with Friends: One-on-One Chat
- Exploring Services: Service Discovery and Browsing
- Group Chatting: A Multi-User Chat Client
- Publishing and Subscribing: A Shared Sketch Pad Introduction
- Writing with Friends: A Collaborative Text Editor
- Playing Games: Head to Head Tic-Tac-Toe
- Getting Attached: Bootstrapping BOSH
- Deploying XMPP Applications
- Writing Strophe Plug-ins
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Table of contents
Part I: XMPP Protocol and Architecture.
Chapter 1: Getting to Know XMPP.
Chapter 2: Designing XMPP Applications.
Part II: The Applications.
Chapter 3: Saying Hello: The First Application.
Chapter 4: Exploring the XMPP Protocol: A Debugging Console.
Chapter 5: Microblogging in Real Time: An Identica Client.
Chapter 6: Talking with Friends: One‑on‑One Chat.
Chapter 7: Exploring Services: Service Discovery and Browsing.
Chapter 8: Group Chatting: A Multi‑User Chat Client.
Chapter 9: Publishing and Subscribing: A Shared Sketch Pad Introduction.
Chapter 10: Writing with Friends: A Collaborative Text Editor.
Chapter 11: Playing Games: Head to Head Tic-Tac-Toe.
Part III: Advanced Topics.
Chapter 12: Getting Attached: Bootstrapping BOSH.
Chapter 13: Deploying XMPP Applications.
Chapter 14: Writing Strophe Plug-ins.
Appendix A: Getting Started with jQuery.
Appendix B: Setting Up a BOSH Connection Manager.