DescriptionHands-on information to help you fully exploit the capabilities of MIDP 2.0 on Symbian OS (including MMA, WMA and Bluetooth). This practical guide will walk you through developing example applications illustrating key functionality and explain how to install these applications onto real devices.
- Focuses on J2ME MIDP 1.0 and 2.0, as this platform has become the Java standard for phones
- Covers the optional J2ME APIs that Symbian OS Java is currently supporting
- Code samples are provided throughout
- Contains case studies that demonstrate how to develop games and enterprise applications
Symbian Press Acknowledgements.
Innovation through Openness.
Section 1: J2ME and MIDP.
1. Introduction to J2ME.
2. Getting Started.
3. MIDP 2.0 and JTWI.
4. Java APIs for Bluetooth Wireless Technology.
5. MIDP 2.0 Case Studies.
Section 2: Writing Quality Code for Smartphones.
6. Making Your Code Portable.
7. Writing Optimized Code.
Section 3: The Evolution of the Wireless Java Market.
8. The Market, the Opportunities and Symbian's Plans.
Appendix 1: CLDC Core Libraries.
Appendix 2: MIDP Libraries.
Appendix 3: Using the Wireless Toolkit Tools at the Command Line.
Appendix 4: Developer Resources and Bibliography.
Appendix 5: Specifications of Symbiam OS Phones.