Programming PC Connectivity Applications for Symbian OS: Smartphone Synchronization and Connectivity for Enterprise and Application Developers
DescriptionThe only guide for developers and power users on how to build PC connectivity applications for Symbian OS. This unique handbook provides all the information that is needed for the job.
- Fully worked examples and a do's and don'ts section provide design recommendations and expose common pitfalls giving a highly practical focus.
- Explains the relevant parts of the protocols that need to be used
- Demonstrates how to create your own device side components to provide new services
- Shows how to handle custom servers and socket servers
Symbian Press Acknowledgements.
2. A History of Symbian OS and PC Connectivity.
3. An Architectural Overview of PC Connectivity.
4. The Symbian Connect Object Model.
5. An Example PC Connect Application – a File Browser.
6. Programming Symbian OS.
7. Developing Custom Servers.
8. Developing Socket Servers.
9. Introducing SMS and Messaging Classes.
10. Developing an SMS Management Connectivity Service.
11. Using the Contacts Model.
12. Using the Agenda Model.
13. Developing a Specialized Connectivity GUI Application.
14. Starting General Socket Servers.
15. Connectivity Dos and Don’ts.
Appendix 1: Developer Resources.
Appendix 2: Specifications of Symbian OS Phones.