Designed for project management courses for business students, Project Management: A Managerial Approach, 9th Edition Binder Ready Version guides students through all facets of the steps needed to successfully manage a project. The authors’ managerial perspective addresses the basic nature of managing all types of projects as well as the specific techniques and insights required for selecting, initiating, executing, and evaluating those projects. This text is an unbound, binder-ready version.
- WileyPLUS Learning Space is an easy way for students to learn, collaborate, and grow. With WileyPLUS Learning Space, students create a personalized study plan, assess progress along the way, and make deeper connections as they interact with the course material and each other. Visit www.WileyPLUSlearningspace.com for more information. (Access to WileyPLUS Learning Space is sold separately)
- Scott Shafer has joined the author team, bringing a wealth of knowledge about simulation, team processes, and PMBOK standards to the book.
- PMBOK Coverage is increased and aligns with the 5th edition (2013) of Project Management Body of Knowledge PMBOK® in multiple ways
- Additional Materials in areas concerning strategic projects
- A Managerial Approach: The authors address project management from the perspective of what the project manager will encounter, both chronologically during the “life cycle” of the project as well as practically, in the sense of what the project manager needs to know and why.
- The Project Life Cycle remains the primary organizational guideline of the book – Part I: Project Initiation, Part II: Project Planning, Project III: Project Execution.
- Crystal Ball Software: A registration code is packaged with the text, giving students access to a free 140-day trial edition of Crystal Ball.
- Change Management: The task of the project manager to handle change is introduced throughout the text with references to the organizational, interpersonal, economic, and technical glitches that create crises in the life cycle of every project.