DescriptionPrepare for a Project Management Career—Fast!
Project Management JumpStart gives you the solid grounding you need to approach a career in project management with confidence.
- The basic skills of a successful project manager
- Creating project schedules and determining project budgets
- Winning the support of department managers
- Monitoring project progress, resources, and budgets
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Tips for motivating people who don't work for you
- Effective documentation skills for essential project management documents
Chapter 1: Building the Foundation.
Chapter 2: Developing Project Management Skills.
Chapter 3: Initiating the Project.
Chapter 4: Defining the Project Goals.
Chapter 5: Breaking Down the Project Activities.
Chapter 6: Planning and Acquiring Resources.
Chapter 7: Assessing Risk.
Chapter 8: Developing the Project Plan.
Chapter 9: Budgeting 101.
Chapter 10: Executing the Project.
Chapter 11: Controlling the Project Outcome.
Chapter 12: Closing the Books.
Appendix A: Answers to Review Questions.
Appendix B: Sample Project Management Forms.
Appendix C:Sample Project Management Checklists.
Discounted cash flow section : Paragraph 2
"As an example, $1,145 (rounded up) two years from now given a 7 percent