DescriptionProject Risk Management Guidelines covers the basic principles, practices, and techniques for managing risk in projects, especially large-scale and complex projects. With extensive case study material, the book addresses the basics of project risk management and outlines a step-by-step approach to risk management.
About the authors.
Introduction to project risk management.
Part I: The basics of project risk management.
1. The project risk management approach.
2. Establish the context.
3. Risk identification.
4. Qualitative risk assessment.
5. Semi-quantitative risk assessment.
6. Risk treatment.
7. Monitoring and review.
8. Communication and reporting.
9. Project processes and plans.
10. Simplifying the process.
11. Managing opportunities.
12. Other approaches to project risk management.
Part II: Extending the basic process.
13. Case study: tender evaluation.
14. Contracts and risk allocation.
15. Market testing and outsourcing.
16. Public–private partnerships and private financing.
17. Technical tools and techniques.
18. Introduction to environmental risk management.
Part III: Quantification of project risks.
19. Introduction to quantification for project risks.
20. Cost-estimating case studies.
21. Case study: planning a timber development.
22. Capital evaluation for large resource projects.
23. Risk analysis and economic appraisal.
Part IV: Additional information and supporting material.
25. Risk management process checklist.
26. Worksheets and evaluation tables.
27. Examples of risks and treatments.