Section 2: Looking across the field: case studies of institutionalisation of knowledge of PMHN.
2. The Institute of Psychiatry: Nursing within the Health Services Research Department.
3. Fragile Tradition: Institutionalisation of knowledge of psychiatric and mental health nursing in the Department of Nursing Studies, The University of Edinburgh.
4. Nursing mental health at the Tavistock.
5. Mental health nursing: Principles in practice.
6. Shaping pre-registration mental health nursing education through user and carer involvement in curriculum design and delivery.
7. Involving individuals in mental health nursing education.
8. Models of mental health nursing education.
Section 3: An analytic and critical commentary on the accounts in Section 2.
9. Reflective commentaries by the contributors to Section 2: each sees the field from within the field.
10. International perspectives on the state of knowledge of PMHN in Britain.
11. A sociologist looks at the field of knowledge.
12. Conclusion: From the towers to the piazza
Journal of Clinical Nursing
· Provides an innovatory framework for analysing professional knowledge
· Analyses individual perspectives and the contribution of different centres of excellence
· Places current knowledge in an international context