Preface to First Edition.
1. A Historical Review of the Early Development of the Quadrupole Ion Trap.
2. Theory of Quadrupole Instruments.
3. The Dynamics of Ion Trapping.
4. Simulation of Ion Trajectories in the Quadrupole Ion Trap.
5. Linear Quadrupole Ion Trap Mass Spectrometer.
6. Cylindrical Ion Trap Mass Spectrometer.
7. Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry.
8. Ion Trap Mass Spectrometry/Liquid Chromatography.
9. An Ion Trap too Far? The Rosetta Mission to Characterize a Comet.
"The authors have done a great job…providing invaluable information on a complex topic in a single volume…this is an important, comprehensive, and well-written description." (CHOICE, January 2006)