Qualitative Research in Practice: Examples for Discussion and Analysis
Buy Both and Save 25%!
This item: Qualitative Research in Practice: Examples for Discussion and Analysis
Community-Based Research and Higher Education: Principles and Practices (Hardcover $48.00)
Cannot be combined with any other offers.
Part One: The Nature of Qualitative Inquiry.
1. Introduction to Qualitative Research (Sharan B. Merriam).
2. Assessing and Evaluating Qualitative Research (Sharan B. Merriam).
Part Two: Examples of Qualitative Research for Discussion and Analysis.
BASIC INTERPRETIVE QUALITATIVE RESEARCH.
3. How Cultural Values Shape Learning inOlder Adulthood: The Case of Malaysia (Sharan B. Merriam, Mazanah Muhamad).
Do All These People Have To Be Here? Reflections on Collecting Data in Another Culture (Sharan B. Merriam).
4. Spirituality and Emancipatory Adult Educationin Women Adult Educators for Social Change (Elizabeth J. Tisdell).
Researching One s Passions: The Perils and Possibilities (Elizabeth J. Tisdell).
5. A Phenomenological Study ofIn-Church and Televised Worship (Richard F. Wolff).
Self-Reflection: An Essential Qualityfor Phenomenological Researchers (Richard F. Wolff).
6. A Phenomenological Investigationof Good Supervision Events (Vaughn E. Worthen, Brian W. McNeill).
Phenomenological Researchand the Making of Meaning (Vaughn E. Worthen).
7. Development of Professional SchoolCounselor Identity: A Grounded Theory (Pamelia E. Brott, Jane E. Myers).
My Journey with Grounded Theory Research (Pamelia E. Brott).
8. A Conceptual Model of MultipleDimensions of Identity (Susan R. Jones, Marylu K. McEwen).
Becoming Grounded inGrounded Theory Methodology (Susan R. Jones).
9. The Role of the School in the Assimilation ofImmigrant Children: A Case Study of Arab-Americans (Ernestine K. Enomoto, Mary Antony Bair).
Reflections of Our Own Inner Lives (Ernestine K. Enomoto, Mary Antony Bair).
10. Jermaine: A Critical Case Study of aGifted Black Child Living in Rural Poverty (Thomas P. Hebert, Teresa M. Beardsley).
Reflections on My Research Experiencewith Jermaine and His Community (Thomas P. Hebert).
11. The Ethnography of an Electronic Bar:The Lesbian Cafe (Shelley J. Correll).
Reflections of a Novice Researcher (Shelley J. Correll).
12. Hard and Heavy: Gender and Powerin a Heavy Metal Music Subculture (Leigh Krenske, Jim McKay).
You re Researching What? The Importance of Self in Ethnographic Research (Leigh Krenske).
13. Stories of One s Own:Nonunitary Subjectivity in Narrative Representation (Leslie Rebecca Bloom).
From Self to Society: Reflections onthe Power of Narrative Inquiry (Leslie Rebecca Bloom).
14. Cathy: The Wrong Side of the Tank (Juanita Johnson-Bailey).
Dancing Between the Swords:My Foray into Constructing Narratives (Juanita Johnson-Bailey).
15. Tootle: A Parable of Schooling and Destiny (Nicholas C. Burbules).
Tootle Revisited: Fifteen Years Down the Track (Nicholas C. Burbules).
16. The Politics of Consumer EducationMaterials Used in Adult Literacy Classrooms (Jennifer A. Sandlin).
Structure and Subjectivity:Reflections on Critical Research (Jennifer A. Sandlin).
17. Exposed Methodology:The Body as a Deconstructive Practice (Wanda S. Pillow).
Looking Back to Move Forward: Reflections onHow I Did Research Impacts What I Know Now (Wanda S. Pillow).
18. Methodology in the Fold andthe Irruption of Transgressive Data (Elizabeth A. St. Pierre).
Troubling the Categories of Qualitative Inquiry (Elizabeth A. St. Pierre).
19. Reflections on Doing Qualitative Research (Sharan B. Merriam).
"...Merriam crafted a niche book that complements the many theoretical, how-to, and case study inquiry books...." (Journal of College Student Development, August 2003)