Written by two of the world's leading researchers in the field, this is a systematic introduction to the fundamental principles of coherent control, and to the underlying physics and chemistry.
This fully updated second edition is enhanced by 80% and covers the latest techniques and applications, including nanostructures, attosecond processes, optical control of chirality, and weak and strong field quantum control. Developments and challenges in decoherence-sensitive condensed phase control as well as in bimolecular control are clearly described.
Indispensable for atomic, molecular and chemical physicists, physical chemists, materials scientists and nanotechnologists.
Table of contents
1. Preliminaries of the Interaction of Light with Matter
2. Weak Field Photodissociation
3. Weak Field Coherent Control
4. Control of Intramolecular Dynamics
5. Optimal Control Theory
6. Decoherence and its Effect on Control
7. Case Studies in Coherent Control
8. Coherent Control of Bimolecular Processes
9. The Interaction of Light with Matter: A Closer Look
10. Coherent Control with Quantum Light
11. Coherent Control Beyond the Weak Field Regime: Bound States and Resonances
12. Photodissociation Beyond the Weak Field Regime
13. Coherent Control Beyond the Weak Field Regime: The Continuum
14. Coherent Control of the Synthesis and Purification of Chiral Molecules
15. Strong Field Coherent Control
16. Coherent Control with Few-cycles Pulses
17. Case Studies in Optimal Control
18. Coherent Control in the Classical Limit