QuarkXPress 6 Bible
QuarkXPress 6 Bible
Product not available for purchase
Description* Cross-platform coverage for Mac and Windows versions; covers the long-awaited upgrade of QuarkXPress, which will be compatible with Mac OS X
* Written from the perspective of the real-world designer or production specialist, this book uses visual examples to explain how to use the program in the context of real work
* Addresses all significant aspects of QuarkXPress, including color print-ing, online publishing, workflow considerations, cross-platform exchange, source file preparation, printed output, and much more
* Covers new features and tools for publishing to print, Web, and mobile devices
* Includes a Quick Start section to get readers up and running by creating an actual project, plus an all-new tear-out reference card
* QuarkXPress has been by far the world's leading page composition tool since the early 1990s, with an installed base estimated at more than three million
Part I: Welcome to QuarkXPress.
Chapter 1: Introducing QuarkXPress.
Chapter 2: Taking a Tour of QuarkXPress.
Chapter 3: Setting Preferences and Defaults.
Chapter 4: Managing Files.
Part II: Layout for Print.
Chapter 5: Creating a New Project.
Chapter 6: Working with Items.
Chapter 7: Working with Pages.
Chapter 8: Working with Layers.
Chapter 9: Working with Layouts.
Part III: Text.
Chapter 10: Working with Text Files.
Chapter 11: Flowing Text.
Chapter 12: Editing Text.
Chapter 13: Using XPress Tags.
Part IV: Typography.
Chapter 14: Setting Character Attributes.
Chapter 15: Setting Paragraph Attributes.
Chapter 16: Fine-Tuning Spacing.
Chapter 17: Special Typographic Techniques.
Chapter 18: Tabs and Tables.
Part V: Graphics.
Chapter 19: Working with Graphics Files.
Chapter 20: Modifying Graphics.
Chapter 21: Working with Clipping Paths.
Chapter 22: Combining Text and Graphics.
Part VI: Illustrations.
Chapter 23: Drawing Tools.
Chapter 24: Creating Illustrations.
Chapter 25: Creating Composite Illustrations.
Part VII: Color.
Chapter 26: Creating and Applying Colors.
Chapter 27: Color Management.
Chapter 28: Trapping.
Part VIII: Managing Projects.
Chapter 29: Communicating in a Workgroup.
Chapter 30: Using Style Sheets Effectively.
Chapter 31: Using Libraries and Templates Effectively.
Chapter 32: Using Long Document Features.
Part IX: Print Output.
Chapter 33: Printing Projects.
Chapter 34: Working with a Service Bureau.
Chapter 35: Exporting Projects as PDF Files.
Part X: Interactive and Web Publishing.
Chapter 36: Preparing for Web Publishing.
Chapter 37: Creating Basic Web Projects.
Chapter 38: Creating Interactive Projects.
Part XI: Going Beyond the Program.
Chapter 39: Using XTensions.
Chapter 40: Scripting QuarkXPress.
Part XII: Introduction to Publishing.
Chapter 41: The Publishing Environment
Chapter 42: Layout Theory and Practice
Chapter 43: Typography Theory and Practice
Chapter 44: Using Special Characters
Chapter 45: Color Fundamentals
Part XIII: Appendixes
Appendix A: Installing or Upgrading QuarkXPress
Appendix B: Mac OS X for QuarkXPress Users
Appendix C: The QuarkXPress Central Web Site
Appendix D: QuarkXPress 6 Keyboard Shortcuts
Visit the companion site.