2. Case Study of Osman, a withdrawn child who cannot make connections.
3. Initial assessment of emotional factors contributing to a child's learning difficulties.
4. Case Study of Maria, whose learning is inhibited by rejection, separation and loss.
5. Ethical considerations when working therapeutically with children.
6. Case Study of Tariq, a child persecuted by destructive phantasies.
7. Ongoing assessment and techniques used in individual and classroom work.
8. Case Study of Kevin, an insecure child among unpredictable adults.
9. Ways in which endings and beginnings affect a child's capacity to learn.
10. The network - the complex task of working with parents and professionals.
12. Glossary of Terms Used.