Part I: Introducing Gender:.
1. Introducing Gender: Overview: Joyce K. Fletcher and Robin J. Ely.
2. Making Change: A Framework for Promoting Gender Equity in Organizations: Deborah Kolb, Joyce K. Fletcher, Debra Meyerson, Deborah Merrill Sands, and Robin J. Ely.
3. The Managerial Woman: Margaret Hennig and Anne Jardim.
4. The Female Advantage: Sally Helgesen.
5. Men And Women of The Corporation: Rosabeth Moss Kanter.
6. Hierarchies, Jobs, Bodies: A Theory of Gendered Organizations: Joan Acker.
7. Doing Gender: Candace West and Don H. Zimmerman.
8. Breaking the Silence: On Men, Masculinities, and Managements: David L. Collinson and Jeff Hearn.
9. Naming Men As Men: Implications For Work, Organization and Management: David L. Collinson and Jeff Hearn.
10. Complicating Gender: The Simultaneity of Race, Gender, and Class In Organization Change(Ing): Evangelina Holvino.
Part II: Negotiation:.
11. Negotiation: Overview: Deborah M. Kolb.
12. Integrative Bargaining: Does Gender Make a Difference? Patrick S. Calhoun and William P. Smith.
13. Gender Versus Power As A Predictor Of Negotiation Behavior And Outcomes: Carol Watson.
14. Gender and the Shadow Negotiation: Deborah M. Kolb.
15. Rethinking Negotiation: Feminist Views of Communication and Exchange: Linda L. Putnam and Deborah M. Kolb.
Part III: Leadership:.
16. Leadership: Overview: Robin J. Ely.
17. The Difference “Difference” Makes: Deborah Rhode.
18. Gender, Culture and Leadership: Toward a Culturally Distinct Model of African-American Women Executives' Leadership Strategies: Patricia Parker and Dt Ogilvie.
19. The Greatly Exaggerated Demise of Heroic Leadership: Joyce K. Fletcher.
20. When Women Lead: The Visibility–Vulnerability Spiral: Kathy E. Kram and Marion Mccollom Hampton.
Part IV: Organizational Change And Intervention:.
21. Organization Change and Intervention: Overview: Debra E. Meyerson and Robin J. Ely.
22. A Modest Manifesto for Shattering the Glass Ceiling: Debra E. Meyerson and Joyce K. Fletcher.
23. Action Learning, Fragmentation And The Interaction Of Single-, Double- And Triple-Loop Change: A Case Of Gay and Lesbian Workplace Advocacy: Erica Gabrielle Foldy and W. E. Douglas Creed.
24. Complicating Gender: The Simultaneity of Race, Gender, and Class in Organization Change(Ing): Evangelina Holvino.
25. Tempered Radicalism: Debra E. Meyerson and Maureen A. Scully.
26. The Transformation of Silence Into Language and Action: Audre Lorde.
Part V: Human Resource Management:.
27. Human Resource Management: Overview: Maureen A. Scully.
28. Meritocracy: Maureen A. Scully.
29. Mentoring Relationships Through the Lens of Race and Gender: Stacy Blake-Beard.
30. Nickeled And Dimed: On (Not) Getting by in America: Barbara Eherenreich.
31. Building Successful Multicultural Organizations: Challenges and Opportunities: Marlene G. Fine.
Part VI: Diversity:.
32. Diversity: Overview: Robin J. Ely and Erica Gabrielle Foldy.
33. Working With Diversity: A Focus on Global Organizations: Deborah Merrill-Sands and Evangelina Holvino, With James Cumming.
34. Our Separate Ways: Ella J. E. Bell and Stella M. Nkomo.
35. Making Differences Matter: A New Paradigm for Managing Diversity: David A. Thomas and Robin J. Ely.
Part VII: Globalization:.
36. Globalization: Overview: Evangelina Holvino.
37. Dangerous Liaisons: The Feminine in Management Meets Globalization: Marta B. Calás and Linda Smircich.
38. The Nanny Chain: Arlie R. Hochschild.
39. Maquiladoras: The View From the Inside: María Patricia Fernández Kelly.
40. It Takes Two: Cynthia Enloe.