ISBN: 978-0-631-19726-3 August 1997 Wiley-Blackwell 364 Pages
Download Product Flyer
Table of contents
2. Rationality and The Rational Aim: David Gauthier (University of Pittsburgh).
3. Which Effects?: Frank Jackson (Australian National University).
4. Parfit and the Time of Value: Michael Stocker (Syracuse University).
5. Parfit's P: Philip Pettit and Michael Smith (both Australian National University).
6. Rational Egoism and the Separateness of Persons: David O. Brink (University of California, San Diego).
7. Parfit on Identity: Sydney Shoemaker (Cornell University).
8. Human Concerns without Superlative Selves: Mark Johnston (Princeton University).
9. Has Kant refuted Parfit?: Simon Blackburn (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill).
10. Persons and Their Bodies: Judith Jarvis Thomson (Massachusetts Institute of Technology).
11. Reductionism and the First Person: John McDowell (University of Pittsburgh).
12. Should Ethics be More Impersonal?: Robert Merrihew Adams (Yale University).
13. Rethinking the Good: Moral Ideals and the Nature of Practical Reasoning: Larry Temkin (Rice University).
* Includes 11 newly-commissioned essays and 2 reprinted essays from leading scholars such as Frank Jackson, Michael Smith, Philip Pettit, Sidney Shoemaker, Judith Jarvis Thomson, John McDowell to name but a few.