Foreword by Allen F. Hainge.
20 New Rules of Online Marketing.
PA RT ONE: ESSENTIAL STRATEGIES TO HELP YOU TAKE YOUR MARKET BY STORM.
1. Eight Technology Truths That Could Kill Your Business.
Old Rule: The Internet changes everything.
New Rule: The Internet changes everything except the rules of business.
2. Eight Proven eRainmaker Strategies for Success.
Old Rule: The Internet will change real estate as we know it.
New Rule: Your business is your business and the Internet is a tool to be used.
PA RT TWO: WEBSITE TECHNIQUES THAT WORK BIG FOR LITTLE COST.
3. Selecting Domains to Brand Your Retirement.
Old Rule: Your name is your brand.
New Rule: Your brand should never be your name.
4. Planning a Customer-Centered Website.
Old Rule: Your website is all about you.
New Rule: Your website is all about the customer.
5. Driving Traffic to Your Website: 75 Ways to Promote Your Site.
Old Rule: Online advertising will surpass offline advertising.
New Rule: Integrated offline and online promotion wins every time.
6. Driving Traffic to Your Website: Strategic Linking.
Old Rule: If you link out to other websites, prospects will never come back.
New Rule: If you’re not networking on the Internet, you’re not working.
7. Driving Traffic to Your Website: Search Marketing Basics.
Old Rule: Optimizing your site for search engines is the key to traffic.
New Rule: Offline promotion, strategic links, and search marketing combined maximize traffic.
8. Capturing E-Leads from Your Website.
Old Rule: Delivering leads is the only job for a website.
New Rule: The best websites deliver leads and customer service.
9. Buyer Follow-Up: Converting Website Visits into Contracts.
Old Rule: A picture is worth a thousand words.
New Rule: A website is worth a thousand pictures.
10. Seller Follow-Up: Turning Online Leads into Listings.
Old Rule: The Internet will disintermediate real estate professionals.
New Rule: The Internet makes personal service even more priceless.
11. E-Loyalty: Keeping Customers for Life.
Old Rule: Market share is paramount.
New Rule: Lifetime share of customer is even more valuable.
PART THREE: E-MAIL MARKETING TO CAPTURE AND KEEP CUSTOMERS.
12. Planning Your E-Mail Marketing Strategy.
Old Rule: The Internet works best as a direct marketing medium.
New Rule: The Internet helps you generate transactions and build relationships.
13. Creating E-Mail That Gets Response.
Old Rule: Spam will be the death of e-mail.
New Rule: Permission marketing will survive after spam is outlawed.
14. Converting Prospects with E-Mail Follow-Up.
Old Rule: Content is king.
New Rule: The right customer-focused content is king.
15. Using E-Mail to Build After-Sale Referrals and Repeat Business.
Old Rule: The dot-com era was the peak of the Internet.
New Rule: The Next Wave Internet boom is here—and it’s going to last.
16. Building a Trophy E-Mail Database.
Old Rule: Internet games are diversions for kids.
New Rule: Kids who first played Internet games are now prime first-time buyers.
PART FOUR: DEMYSTIFYING INTERNET MARKETING.
17. E-Marketing Plan: Six Steps to Effective Online Marketing.
Old Rule: Internet users aren’t like you or me.
New Rule: Internet users are you and me.
18. E-Operations Plan: Streamlining with Virtual Assistants.
Old Rule: All this tech-talk is just Geek to me.
New Rule: You should definitely hire a virtual assistant.
19. E-Action Plans: Becoming an eRainmaker.
Old Rule: Best practices are the best practices.
New Rule: Best practices are the ones that work for you.
20. Exit Strategies: Branding an E-Practice to Sell.
Old Rule: Retirement means declaring victory and turning out the lights.
New Rule: Retirement means selling your e-practice to the highest bidder.
Online Resource Center.
About the Author.