DescriptionAn up-close look at the theory behind and application of extremum seeking
Originally developed as a method of adaptive control for hard-to-model systems, extremum seeking solves some of the same problems as today's neural network techniques, but in a more rigorous and practical way. Following the resurgence in popularity of extremum-seeking control in aerospace and automotive engineering, Real-Time Optimization by Extremum-Seeking Control presents the theoretical foundations and selected applications of this method of real-time optimization.
Written by authorities in the field and pioneers in adaptive nonlinear control systems, this book presents both significant theoretic value and important practical potential. Filled with in-depth insight and expert advice, Real-Time Optimization by Extremum-Seeking Control:
* Develops optimization theory from the points of dynamic feedback and adaptation
* Builds a solid bridge between the classical optimization theory and modern feedback and adaptation techniques
* Provides a collection of useful tools for problems in this complex area
* Presents numerous applications of this powerful methodology
* Demonstrates the immense potential of this methodology for future theory development and applications
Real-Time Optimization by Extremum-Seeking Control is an important resource for both students and professionals in all areas of engineering-electrical, mechanical, aerospace, chemical, biomedical-and is also a valuable reference for practicing control engineers.
1. SISO Scheme and Linear Analysis.
2. Multiparameter Extremum Seeking.
3. Slope Seeking.
4. Discrete Time Extremum Seeking.
5. Nonlinear Analysis.
6. Limit Cycle Minimization.
7. Antilock Braking.
9. Formation Flight.
11. Compressor Instabilities: Part I.
12. Compressor Instabilities: Part II.
Appendix A: Continuous Time Lemmas.
Appendix B: Discrete Time Lemas.
Appendix C: Aircraft Dynamics in Close Formation Flight.
Appendix D: Derivation of (11.8) and (11.10).
Appendix E: Derivation of the Critical Slopes.
Appendix F: Proof of Lemma 11.1.
"…a well-written and authoritative book…an essential resource for learning about extremum-seeking control and for motivating further developments in this subject area." (IEEE Control Systems Magazine, April 2004)
“...recommended..” (Choice, Vol. 41, No. 7, March 2004)