Recent Advances in Clinical Oncology, Volume 1138
Recent Advances in Clinical Oncology, Volume 1138
Nov 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
Out of stock
Part I: Skin, Ophthalamic, and Hematological Cancer:.
1. Prognostic Significance of New Immunohistochemistry Scoring of p53 Expression Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma of Mice: Mulazim Hussain Bukhari, Shahida Niazi, Muhammad Anwar, Mohammad Eyyaz Khaleel, Muhammad Munir, Naseer A Chaudhry, and Mumtaz Hasan.
2. Intra-operative Echographic Localization for Radioactive Ophthalmic Plaques in Choroidal Melanoma: Tahra Al Mahmoud, Magdi Mansour, Jean Deschênes, Chaim Edelstein, Miguel Burnier, Michel Marcil, George Shenouda, Christine Corriveau, and Michael Evans.
3. Iodine-125 Radiotherapy for Choroidal Melanoma: Tahra Al Mahmoud, Magdi Mansour, Jean Deschênes, Chaim Edelstein, Miguel Burnier, Michel Marcil, George Shenouda, Christine Corriveau, and Michael Evans.
4. Update on Recent Developments for Patients with Newly Diagnosed Multiple Myeloma: Antonio Palumbo, Valeria Magarotto, Francesca Gay, Patrizia Falco, Sara Bringhen and Mario Boccadoro.
Part II: Pediatric Oncology:.
5. Advances in the Management of Pediatric Central Nervous System Tumors: Shaker Abdullah, Ibrahim Qaddoumi, and Eric Bouffet.
6. Role of Prognostic Factors in the Management of Pediatric Solid Tumors: Takaaki Yanagisawa, Ute Bartels, and Eric Bouffet.
7. Implantable Port Devices Are Favored Catheters of Choice for the Administration.
of Chemotherapy in Paediatric Oncology Patients—An Akuh Experience: Barkat Hooda, Gulrose Lalani, Zehra Fadoo, and Ghaffar Billoo.
8. Attitudes, Perceptions, and Family Coping in Pediatric Cancer: A Comparative Study of Children with Diabetes and Normal Controls: Valsamma Eapen, Abdelazim Mabrouk, and Salem Bin-Othman.
Part III: Head and Neck Cancer:.
9. Role of Tc99m MIBI spect in the Assessment of Treatment Response in Pharyngeal Carcinoma: Ambreen Khawar, Muhammad Asif Rafique, and Rafaqat Ali Jafri.
10. Selective Surgical Management of Well-Differentiated Thyroid Cancer: Ashok Shaha.
Part IV: Soft Tissue/Bone and Thoracic Cancer:.
11. Captopril as a Potential Inhibitor of Lung Tumor Growth and Metastasis: Samir Attoub, Anne Marie Gaben, Suhail Al-Salam, Al Sultan M.A.H , Anne John, Gary Nicholls, Jan Mester, and Georg Petroianu.
12. Mesothelioma and Environmental Exposure: A Newly Developed Animal Model for Fiber Exposure: Csaba Varga and Katalin Szendi.
13. Surgical Management of Very Large Musculoskeletal Sarcomas: Rafiq Abed and Derek Younge.
Part V: Breast Cancer:.
14. HER-2/neu Ile655Val Polymorphism and the Risk of Breast Cancer: A Case–Control Study: Siddig Awatif, Mohamed Abdelrahim Osman, Kamal Hammed, Awad Salma, Hassan Ahmed, Zilahi Erika, Al-Haj Mohd, Bernsen Roos, and Adem Abdu.
15. Estrogen Receptor α Gene Polymorphism and Breast Cancer: Siddig Awatif, Mohamed Abdelrahim Osman, Awad Salma, Hassan Ahmed, Zilahi Erika, Al-Haj Mohd, Bernsen Roos, and Adem Abdu.
16. The Use of a Vacuum-assisted Biopsy Device (Mammotome) in the Early Detection of Breast Cancer in the United Arab Emirates: Issam Faour, Suhail Al-Salam, Hassan ElTerifi, and Hakam el Taji.
17. An Immunohistochemistry Study of Tissue Bcl-2 Expression and Its Serum Levels in Breast Cancer Patients: Andalib Alireza, Shokohi Raheleh, Rezaei Abbass, Mokhtari Mojgan, Mohageri Mohamadreza, Mohageri Gholamreza, and Babazadeh Shadi.
18. Characterization of Breast Cancer Progression in the Rat: Wafa S. Al-Dhaheri, Imam Hassouna, Suhail Al-Salam, and Sherif M. Karam.
19. Targeted Interoperative Radiotherapy—Target for Early Breast Cancer: Can We Spare the Patient’s Daily Journeys to the Radiotherapist?: Michael Baum and Jayant S Vaidya.
20. The Potential of PARP Inhibitors in Genetic Breast and Ovarian Cancers: Yvette Drew and Hilary Calvert.
21. Quality of Life of Arab Women with Breast Cancer: Validation of the European Organization for Research and Treatment Quality of Life Questionnaires for Arab-speaking populations: Manal A Awad, Srdjan Denic, and Hakam el Taji.
Part VI: Gastrointestinal Malignancies:.
22. Laparoscopy in Gastrointestinal Malignancies: Fawaz Chikh Torab, Bernard Bokobza, and Frank Branicki.
23. Cellular Origin of Gastric Cancer: Sherif M. Karam.
24. Surgical Treatment of Pancreatic Cancer: Martin Loos, Jörg Kleeff, Helmut Friess, and Markus W. Büchler.
25. Review of the Apoptosis Pathways in Pancreatic Cancer and the Anti-apoptotic Effects of the Novel Sea Cucumber Compound, Frondoside A. By Xinquan Li, Alexander B. Roginsky, Xian-Zhong Ding, Carl Woodard, Peter Collin, Robert A. Newman, Richard H. Bell Jr., and Thomas E. Adrian.
26. Profile of Patients with Colorectal Cancer at a Tertiary Care Hospital in Pakistan: Natasha Anwar, Farhana Badar, and Muhammad Aasim Yusuf.
27. The Transforming Functions of PI3-kinase-γ Are Linked to Disruption of Intercellular Adhesion and Promotion of Cancer Cell Invasion: Samir Attoub, Olivier De Wever, Erik Bruyneel, Marc Mareel and Christian Gespach.
Part VII: Gynecological and Prostate Cancer:.
28. Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Endometrial and Cervical Cancer: Anju Sahdev and Rodney H Reznek.
29. New Developments in the Surgical Therapy of Cervical Carcinoma: Nadja Dornhöfer and Michael Höckel.
30. Cervical Cancer Prevention in the Human Papilloma Virus Vaccine Era: Saad Ghazal-Aswad.
31. Recent London Improvements in Curative Radiation Therapy for Relevant Early Prostate Cancer: Nicholas Plowman.
32. Radical Prostatectomy: Oncological Outcomes: Fayez T. Hammad.
Part VIII: Pain Control, Palliative, and Other Therapies:.
33. Cancer Pain and Analgesia: Paul J. Christo and Danesh Mazloomdoost.
34. Interventional Pain Treatments for Cancer Pain: Paul J. Christo and Danesh Mazloomdoost.
35. Febrile Neutropenia: Evolving Strategies: Michael Ellis.
36. Attenuated Bacteria as Effectors in Cancer Immunotherapy: Basel K. al-Ramadi, Maria J. Fernandez-Cabezudo, Hussain El-Hasasna, Suhail Al-Salam, Samir Attoub, Damo Xu, and Salem Chouaib.
37. In Vitro Effects of Tea Polyphenols on Redox Metabolism, Oxidative Stress, and Apoptosis in PC12 Cells: Haider Raza and Annie John.
Part IX: Molecular Oncology and Cell Signaling in Cancer:.
38. The Swi2/Snf2 Bromodomain is important for the Full Binding and Remodeling Activity of the Swi/Snf Complex on H3- and H4-Acetylated Nucleosomes: Salma Awad and Ahmed H. Hassan.
39. Investigation of Heat Stress Response in the Camel Fibroblast Cell Line Dubca: Faisal Thayullathil, Shahanas Chathoth, Abdulkader Hago, Ulli Wernery, Mahendra Patel, and Sehamuddin Galadari.
40. Akt Degradation Is an Important Determinant of L929 Cell Death following Heat Stress: Sehamuddin Galadari, Faisal Thayullathil, Abdulkader Hago, Mahendra Patel, and Shahanas Chathoth.
41. Potential Inhibition of PDK1/Akt Signaling by Phenothiazines Suppresses Cancer Cell Proliferation and Survival: Jang Hyun Choi, Yong Ryoul Yang, Seul Ki Lee, Sun-Hee Kim, Yun-Hee Kim, Joo-Young Cha, Se-Woong Oh, Jong-Ryul Ha, Sung Ho Ryu, and Pann-Ghill Suh.
Index of Contributors