DescriptionRemoting offers developers many ways to customize the communications process, for efficiency, security, performance and power, and allows seamless integration of components running on several computers into a single application. This book exposes the full power of remoting to developers working in mixed platform environments in a way that will ensure they have a deep understanding of what remoting is capable of, and how they can make it work the way they want.
1. Introduction to Distributed Systems.
2. Pattern Language Overview.
3. Basic Remoting Patterns.
4. Identification Patterns.
5. Lifecycle Management Patterns.
6. Extension Patterns.
7. Extended Infrastructure Patterns.
8. Invocation Asynchrony Patterns.
9. Technology Projections.
10. .NET Remoting Technology Projection.
11. Web Services Technology Projection.
12. CORBA Technology Projection.
13. Related Concepts, Technologies, and Patterns.
Appendix: Extending AOP Frameworks for Remoting.