2. Mimesis and Interdividual Psychology.
3. Generative Violence: The Scapegoat Mechanism.
4. Nonsacrificial Violence: Girard’s view of the Judeo-Christian Scriptures.
5. Girard’s influence on other disciplines.
6. Responses to the theory: Critiques of Girard.
"Fleming's book is an incisive and sure guide, which demonstrates a thorough knowledge of both Girard's thought and its place in twentieth-century thought...........In his succinct summary and commentary Fleming seeks neither to critique Geriard's writing nor to provide an alternative to reading it. He offers instead an invitation to the reader to explore further. In my view he covers the ground well. I would have trouble recommending it highly enough to students and teachers of theology." International Journal of Systematic Theology, Vol. 7
- First book length treatment of René Girard
- Written in an accessible and clear way
- Will appeal to a range of disciplines