List of Abbreviations.
1. Green Chemistry and Sustainability (Jeffrey Hardy).
2. Socio-Economical Aspects and Policy of Renewable Resources (Liisa Tahvanainen and Christian V. Stevens).
3. Integral Valorization (Werner Praznik and Christian V. Stevens).
4. Primary Production of Raw Materials (Waldemar Rymowicz).
5. Energy from Renewable Resources (Bio-Energy) (Mehrdad Arshadi).
6. Identification and Quantification of Renewable Crop Materials (Anton Huber and Werner Praznik).
7. Industrial Products from Carbohydrates, Wood and Fibres (Christian V. Stevens).
8. Occurrence, Functions and Biosynthesis of Non-Carbohydrate Biopolymers (Christian O. Brämer and Alexander Steinbüchel).
9. Industrial Products from Lipids and Proteins (Roland Verhé).
10. High Value-added Industries (Jan Demyttenaere and Jozef Poppe).
11. Renewable Resources: Back to the Future (Christian V. Stevens).
- Covers the broad concept of renewable resources from different points of view
- Takes readers through the identification, production, processing and end-applications for renewable raw materials
- Considers and compares EU and US renewable resources and sustainability objectives
- Devotes one chapter to green chemistry and sustainability, focussing on the green industrial processes.