2. Human Security and Human Rights Interaction (Wolfgang Benedek).
3. Conceptualising the Environmental Dimension of Human Security in the UN (Hans Günter Brauch).
4. The Ethical Challenges of Human Security in the Age of Globalisation (J. Peter Burgess).
5. Building the Agenda of Human Security: Policy and Practice within the Human Security Network (Keith Krause).
6. Gender Aspects of Human Security (Ghada Moussa).
7. Basic Elements of a Policy Framework for Human Security (Paul Oquist).
8. The Uncertain Future of Human Security in the UN (Taylor Owen).
- Seven studies addressing major issues such as the human rights and human security nexus, gender aspects of human security, ethical and environmental challenges, human security as a basic element for a policy framework, the human security agenda developed by the Human Security Network, and debates on human security within the United Nations.
- Building on its variety of themes, the book takes account of the complexity and scope of the concept of human security, and proposes thereby to refresh and enrich discussion.
- Contributors are internationally renowned experts in the different subfields of human security.
- Offers an overview of current trends and insights on what is at stake if the international community is to maintain the momentum created a few years ago when the concept of human security emerged.
- Designed to help both newcomers and experts in the field of human security.
- Readers will find inspiration in the new developments of a concept that aims to shape practical action to meet the needs of the most vulnerable.