PART I. ABOUT GUM DISEASE.
1. Gum Disease: Its Signs, and the First Steps Toward Healing.
Understanding Gum Disease.
Signs of Disease.
The History of Gum Disease.
The Natural Process of Healing: How It Begins.
How to Start Caring for Your Gums at Home.
2. The Mouth Is a Mirror of the Body: Diseases of the Body and Medications That Can Affect Your Gums.
Conditions of the Body That Cause Gum Disease.
Medications and Their Effects on Gum Disease.
The Role Tobacco Plays.
3. Stress and Its Effect on Gum Disease.
Why Stress Is the Culprit.
Using the Mind-Body-Spirit Connection to Eliminate the Effects of Stress.
Stress-Related Habits That Worsen Gum Disease.
PART II. HEALING MODALITIES AND TOTAL BODY CARE.
4. Handling Pain and Fear.
Mouth Conditions That Can Cause Pain.
Children and Pain in Dentistry.
Reducing Our Stress Level.
5. Working with Holistic Products for the Natural Reversal of Gum Disease.
Why Is It Better to Use Natural Products?
Natural Products for Reversing Gum Disease.
Aromatherapy and Its Use in Gum Therapy.
6. Therapeutic Healing.
Therapeutic Healing Used for the Natural Reversal of Gum Disease.
Energetic Relations of Teeth with Organs of the Body.
Using Therapeutic Healing with Oral Care Products.
What about Electric Toothbrushes?
7. Diet and Supplements.
Why Diet Plays an Important Role.
Essential Gum Nutrients.
Getting Motivated to Eat Healthy.
PART III. PROFESSIONAL DENTAL HINTS.
8. Charting Success for the Reversal of Gum Disease.
Charting and Drawing an Outline of Your Mouth.
Once You’ve Made Your First Chart.
A Healthy Mouth.
9. Setting Up an At-Home Hygiene Center: The Tooth Spa Program.
An At-Home Spa Approach to Dental Hygiene.
The Tooth Spa Hygiene Station.
Creating Good Habits and Finding the Motivation.
10. Finding the Right Professional to Guide You in the Natural Reversal of Gum Disease.
How to Find the Right Professional for the Care of Your Gums and Teeth.
Finding the Right Dental Hygienist.
How to Work with a Conventional Dental Practitioner in Natural Healing.
11. For Parents: Your Role in Preventing Gum Disease in Children.
All about Germs.
Teaching Your Child about Gum Massage.
Motivating Your Child.
Putting Together a Child’s At-Home Hygiene Station.
Tips on Finding a Good Dental Professional for Your Child.
Systemic Diseases Affecting Early Onset of Periodontal Disease.
The Teen Years.
12. Now You Can Reverse Gum Disease Naturally.
Summarizing the Contributors That Can Lead to Gum Disease.
Children and Gum Disease.
Appendix: Resources for Natural Products.