DescriptionThe new edition of this classic account of Revolutionary Europe brings to life many of the key issues that have fascinated historians since the fall of the Bastille and now includes a new introduction examining RudU's life and works and an updated list of readings.
Part I: Europe on the Event of the French Revolution:.
1. The Social Pattern.
2. Governments and the Conflicts within States.
3. The Conflicts between States.
Part II: The French Revolution:.
4. Why was there a Revolution in France?.
6. The Reconstruction of France.
7. The Struggle for Power.
9. The Bourgeouis Republic.
Part III: Revolutionary France:.
10. Europe and the French Revolution.
11. Revolutionary War.
Part IV: The Napoleonic Era:.
12. Napoleon and France.
13. The Napoleonic Empire.
14. The Fall of Napoleon.
Additional Readings by Harvey J. Kaye.
- The book is a much-admired classic in the field.
- Provides a vivid recreation of many of the key issues that have fascinated historians since the fall of the Bastille.
- Includes an extended introductory essay on the life and works of George RudU.
- Now revised and with an updated list of additional readings.