Chapter 1: Introduction.
Chapter 2: Risk Assessment and Management.
Chapter 3: The Theory of Risk.
Chapter 4: Instrumentation.
Chapter 5: Risk to Others.
Chapter 6: Risk to Self.
Chapter 7: Risk of Substance Misuse.
Chapter 8: Conculsions
"It provides an excellent overview of risk theory, and technical approaches to risk assessment in a manner that may be easily understood by health care professionals." (Journal Health Risk & Society, 22 September 2011)
- Written in the context of latest policy developments such as the National Service Frameworks
- Discusses the role of the mental health nurse in the assessment and management of risk
- Explores an increasingly important and timely subject in mental health practice
- Practical focus, with case studies throughout
- Written by experts in the field