DescriptionThis definitive guide examines how to take advantage of the new Agile methodologies offered when using Ruby on Rails (RoR). You’ll quickly grasp the RoR methodology by focusing on the RoR development from the point of view of the beginner- to intermediate-level Microsoft developer. Plus, you’ll get a reliable roadmap for migrating your applications, skill set, and development processes to the newer, more agile programming platform that RoR offers.
1. Getting Started with Rails.
2. Understanding Rails.
3. Ruby's Data Types.
4. Programming Ruby.
5. A Working Sample.
6. Incremental Development, Logging and Debugging.
7. Object-Relational Mapping with ActiveRecord
8. Handling Request with the ActionController.
9. Rendering the User Interface with the ActionView.
10. ActiveResource and Web Services.
11. Going into Production.
Appendix A: Further Resources.